Whether you are doing SEO yourself or you are using the best professional SEO services to jumpstart your campaign, strategic SEO should definitely be part of your campaign.
What is strategic SEO?
How can we get started with implementing strategic SEO into our own campaign? That is what we are going to find out in this article.
Checking Out the Competitors
Strategic SEO is the practice of optimizing your SEO strategy to meet the challenges of the market and your competitors. An SEO campaign can only be truly successful when it can help the site be even more competitive against other sites within the industry, especially sites competing in the same market segment.
There are a number of ways you can do a thorough competitor analysis and find ways to get ahead, including using these tools to help you:
- Social Crawlitics. This is a tool that can help you see how well your competitors are doing on social media. It analyses the pages on your competitors’ websites that generates traffic from social media sharing. The information provided by Social Crawlitics can really help you up your social media game.
- Ahrefs. Ahrefs is one of the best tools to use when you want to analyse backlinks. It can track backlinks for your and your competitors’ websites simultaneously. The results are displayed in a wide range of formats, making analysing these backlinks very easy to do. Using Ahrefs, you can find out more about what your competitors are doing to generate backlinks.
- SEMrush. SEMrush, as the name suggests, handles SEO and SEM analysis. It can analyse the key performance indexes of other websites in relation to yours. From the analysis, you can learn so much about the keywords your competitors are targeting, how they are formatting their contents for maximum conversion and many more.
Using these tools – along with the help of your SEO agency of choice – you can develop a much more thorough strategy for staying ahead of the SEO game. You will be surprised by how insightful these information and details can be.
Getting Around the Challenges
Not all SEO challenges need to be faced head on. Sometimes, the best way to stay ahead of the market and reach the right segment of audience is by getting around the challenges that are too difficult to deal directly. Some of the things you can do to be more strategic when formulating an SEO campaign are:
- Go local! Local SEO is the hottest trend on the market today. By targeting a smaller, local market segment, you are actually focusing on the visitors that matter. Your conversion rate will be through the roof when the local SEO campaign is done properly.
- Target long-tail keywords that are more relevant to your target market. instead of fighting for generic keywords that are difficult to grab and master, focusing on long-tail keywords can be much more effective. It will also make the whole SEO campaign much more affordable and less time-intensive.
- Refine and improve your campaign regularly. The market will change, your competitors will try to keep up and the only way you can continue to lead is by having a solid SEO strategy that is up to the challenge.